Bridge to Terebithia

Rating:★★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Whenever I watch TV nowadays, I have to wonder how kids these days aren't all blubbering idiots by the time they're three years old. I mean look at what they've got to watch now. Bananas in Pajamas, Blues Clues, Teletubbies, Dora the Explorer? Everytime I turn this shit on I feel like I'm losing brain cells.

The kid's shows of my day were alot less condescending and a lot more imaginative. Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Muppets, Looney Toons. They got your mind working in a way that today's programming just doesn't even come close to.

That's why I love Bridge to Terebithia. The film is like reading a book; there aren't any really big set pieces and no big marquee players that beg for your attention. There's a wonderful sense of the fantastic to the film, like something extraordinary can happen if you just believe it can.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Joint Junkie