6th Annual Toy Kingdom Warehouse Sale!



IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN BOYS AND GIRLS!

Yup, it's 4th quarter and Toy Kingdom is sweeping up it's warehouse, cleaning out all the old junk that's been lying around in corners, gathering dust. According to the SM Megatrade Hall's website, the annual Toy Kingdom Warehouse Sale is scheduled to take place on November 2-4 of this year in Halls 1 & 2!

Whoo hoo!


I didn't get a lot last year at the sale, but I've got a feeling it was because I bought everything at retail when they first came out to avoid missing out on the popular ones. This year's been a little less silly with me slowly learning to pass on figures that I don't really need to add to an already rather eclectic collection. I'm sure that there will be somethings that I passed up on the first time around.

This time around though, I've got no disposal income to blow on toys, so I might pass.

That doesn't mean you have to though! Some of the years I've been to the sale I've found some great stuff at some great prices and it's been one of my favorite toy events in my 5 or 6 years as a toy nut. I got my Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet there, the DC Direct Armory: Nightwing & Flamebird, The Warriors of Virtue and their various friends, a whole bunch of discount Transformers, a trio of coin banks of the DC Trinity, Star Trek figures, and a whole bunch of other stuff.


SOME THINGS TO REMEMBER, HOWEVER:
  1. Don't go if you're targeting a particular line. It's a clearance sale, silly.
  2. This isn't a place for kids. It's really crowded with lines that last for hours.
  3. Bring cash. Though they offer card payments, their connection can be flaky and you could be stuck.
  4. Don't expect discounts of toys that have already been discounted. It could happen, but it's not likely.
Finally, and I can't stress this enough, GO EARLY!

By 11:00 AM on the first day, the room is already a packed with people and lines are already long. If you're still there after lunch, you're shit out of luck. You'll be in line waiting to pay until doomsday.

If you're lucky and you're one of the people who get invites to the VIP day before it's open to the public, even better. This day is usually reserved for card holders. It used to be for SM Advantage card holders (reason I have one), then one year it was TK Amazing Card holders (reason I have one), and last year I think it was BDO credit card holders (reason I need to get one). I've got no idea what it'll be this year, but if you're in that special group, take advantage of it.

Good hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Joint Junkie